Laimjala manor is located at the 40-kilometer mark on the Kuivastu-Kuressaare road. The manor began its existence as a government-owned entity during the second half of the 17th century. Similar to many other Saaremaa manor holdings, it was still owned by the government in the 18th century. In 1793 it was given to Majorgeneral Jakob Pistor. In the following years, the manor changed hands many times.
In 1808 the manor came into the ownership of the Nolcken family. Apparently, the manor was then remodeled into its present form. The previous peasant-style building was rebuilt according to the classic style then prevalent. This included a pillared portico, which now no longer exists. The field in front of the main building was surrouned by traditionally-placed outbuildings.
Even today the main entrance to the building is guarded by two dolomite lions. Such statues were very fashionable in Saaremaa at the beginning of the 20th century.